Founded in 1870, Fiske Brothers Refining Co. – now Lubriplate Lubricants Co. – is the oldest independent lubricant manufacturer in the United States with all products manufactured in Toledo, Ohio. Dunbar provided full project management services for their Grease Production Facility upgrade which involved retrofitting warehouse space, modernizing operations, and enhancing safety.
• Prime Project Contractor, beginning in the conceptual design phase: perform all mechanical while overseeing all construction disciplines (electrical, structural, concrete, and more) to ensure client-required separation of food grade and industrial systems.
• Reinforce and rebuild existing structural elements to provide required strength for this and planned future additions.
• Mezzanine and mechanical out-building construction.
• Installation and integration into operations of the thermal fluid heater, water cooling tank, processing kettles, and more with no downtime to current operations.
• “Dunbar met our extremely high expectations. Dunbar’s project manager had a pulse on anything and everything, from concrete to insulation. All of the Dunbar people were top-notch, accommodating anything we asked and their attitudes were great. Dunbar’s safety protocols were 100%.”
• “The engineer didn’t have an expansion loop on one of the drawings and you realized it was needed. The engineer agreed. So the ONE retrofit on the project was because Dunbar knew it was needed and the engineer missed it. That’s quality.”