Looking For Good People
You will receive a confirmation as soon as we receive your contact details and resume.
Provide complete estimates, including G & A, margin assignments, risk analysis (contract review), and labor factors for assigned projects in accordance with Bid Procedures, and assist in making formal presentation of proposals.
- Review all bid documents, specifications, drawings, bid form, and historical data. Read the specs to check for any unusual conditions or special materials and unusual requirements.
- Review drawings to make sure you have all the drawings and to get a general layout of the work to be performed to help plan the estimate.
- Determine what subcontractors and suppliers are needed to prepare estimates and contact them.
- Determine subcontractors’ and suppliers’ scope.
- Provide them with access to the drawing and specifications.
- Meet with subcontractors and/or suppliers to review special requirements.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and/or visit the jobsites, as required, to determine competition, note special emphasis of owner or representative, become familiar with the jobsite and any special conditions.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete take-off of scope of work.
- Perform take-off and generate computerized reports.
- Assist owners, Project Managers and account executives in developing work budgets.
- Enter data into computer database to assist in pricing projects.
- Initiate sales and follow-up calls on bids.
- Assist Project Managers with pricing additional work for ongoing projects. May include change orders, bulletins, credits or pricing special material.
- Request pricing of materials as needed for developing bids.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Prefer Engineer/Designer with 5-10 years experience or equivalent Technical degree or extensive technical field experienced with Design Build experience.
- Experience using estimating software such as Quick-Pen. Knowledgeable in use of PC’s.
- Ability to read blueprints, perform detailed calculations, and understand a variety of construction craft responsibilities.
- Preference for Industrial Mechanical Trades Sector.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a driver’s license.
- Good spatial conceptualization, reasoning skills, and interpretive ability when analyzing data.
- Must be willing to enhance skills.
Primarily office environment, but required to visit construction job sites as needed. May need to travel distances by car. Exposed to typical construction hazards when on-site and the need to be conscious of and take appropriate safety precautions. Job pressure from deadlines and the need to work extended hours. Visual and hearing acuity.