Provides overall administrative and technical management on construction and miscellaneous projects, principal interface with customers, and assures successful completion of a project in terms of profitability for Dunbar and satisfaction for the customer.
- Responsible for complete management of project through turnover, including preplanning, cost
estimating, contract review, manpower scheduling, and dispute resolution.
- Involved with estimate and breakdown for cost coding and billing purposes.
- Direct purchasing of materials and equipment.
- Determine, coordinate arrangements, and manage project subcontractors.
- Conduct on-site meetings and inspections with superintendent.
- Prepare and process bulletins and change orders.
- Initiate billings.
- Responsible for communicating project status and act as liaison with clients, owners, and general contractors.
- Coordinate manpower requirements with site foreman.
- Monitor job site for safe practices and adherence to Dunbar safety requirements.
- Responsible for project closeout, documentation of activity and changes, and profit and loss of project.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Engineering degree or equivalent through education and construction experience in a craft area.
- Several years experience in construction design and engineering or direct craft experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction field and experience assisting with estimating and scheduling of work.
- Good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of construction job site safety regulations and practices.
Responsibilities require frequent driving among and visiting job sites. Physical condition and dexterity to inspect all aspects of construction in progress and in a variety of industrial, business facilities. Must be able to climb and maneuver at heights. Requires monitoring and controlling multiple projects and the ability to prioritize and follow-up on a variety of tasks. Work load and hours necessitate flexible work schedule and high commitment to complete tasks.